Add Turmeric To Your Diet Today
Do you like turmeric? Is it a part of your diet? Did you know that it has many benefits for our bodies?
What is Turmeric?
Turmeric is a deep, golden-orange spice known for adding color, flavor and nutrition to foods.
A relative of ginger, turmeric comes from the rhizome (root) of a native Asian plant and has been used in cooking for hundreds of years. It has also been used in ayurvedic and other forms of traditional medicine in China and India.
Benefits of Turmeric
The active ingredient in turmeric is a natural compound (polyphenol) called curcumin, which has both antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties.
- Rich in phytonutrients
- Protect body from nuetralizing free radicals (pollution & sunlight)
- Prevention of cancer and heart disease
- Degenerative eye conditions
- Metabolic syndrome
- Hyperlipidemia (cholesterol in the blood)
- Muscle soreness after exercise
- Kidney health
Tummeric & Drug Interactions
Be aware, high doses of curcumin, as found in concentrated turmeric supplements, can interact with certain medications.
Pain relievers: Turmeric supplements can lessen the effects of indomethacin, aspirin, ibuprofen or acetaminophen.
Chemotherapy: If you are receiving chemotherapy treatments, talk to your doctor before taking turmeric supplements, and especially avoid them if you are taking these chemotherapy agents:
Blood thinners: Turmeric or curcumin supplements can increase the risk of bleeding in people taking warfarin.
Immunosuppressive drugs: People taking a medication called tacrolimus may experience increased side effects if they consume high amounts of curcumin.
Currently On Our Menu
Turmeric Gummies – $24.99
Turmeric has been used in India for centuries as a food spice and medicinal supplement. In modern research, it has been found that turmeric contains curcuminoids, most importantly Curcumin, which have effective antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties.
Supplementing with Turmeric Gummies is a great way to keep your joints, bones, and skin healthy.
Ingredients: Sodium (as Sodium Citrate), Turmeric Extract (Curcuma longa L.)(root), Black Pepper Extract (Piper nigrum)(fruit), Turmeric Powder (Curcuma longa L.)(root), Glucose Syrup, Sugar, Glucose, Pectin, Citric Acid, Vegetable Oil, (contains Carnauba Wax), Ginger Flavor.
Manufacturer Country: USA
Product Amount: 60 gummies
Gross Weight: 0.49lb (221g)
Suggested Use: Take two (2) gummies once a day as a dietary supplement.
Caution: Do not exceed recommended dose. Pregnant or nursing mothers, children under the age of 18, and individuals with a known medical condition should consult a physician before using this or any dietary supplement.
Warning: Keep out of reach of children. Do not use if the safety seal is damaged or missing. Store in a cool, dry place.
The Food and Drug Administration has not evaluated these statements. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat,
How To Enjoy
Turmeric is used as a natural coloring agent for some kinds of mustard, and it is an ingredient in curry powder. It also adds a depth of flavor and a pleasing color to Thai or other Asian dishes, as well as stews and chilis.
Tumeric Tea Recipe
Like ginger, turmeric root can be made into a nourishing and tasty tea.
- 2 tablespoons turmeric root chopped or 2 teaspoons turmeric powder
- Bring to a boil in 1–2 cups water
- Lower to simmer for 5 minutes and then strain.
- Can drink turmeric tea warm or cold, and add lemon and/or honey to change the taste
Curried Pumpkin Butternut Squash Creamy Vegan Soup
- Olive oil
- 1 pound each pumpkin and butternut squash, peeled and diced
- 2 shallots, diced
- 2–3 tablespoons Thai red curry paste
- 2 tablespoons grated turmeric root or 2 teaspoons turmeric powder
- 4 cups vegetable stock or broth
- 1 can unsweetened coconut milk (can use full fat or low fat)
- Salt and pepper
- Roast pumpkin and butternut squash with olive oil, salt and pepper at 400 degrees for 10 to 15 minutes. They are done when they are fork tender.
- In a large heavy stock pot or Dutch oven, sauté shallot, red curry paste and turmeric in olive oil for 8 to 10 minutes. The shallot should be soft and translucent.
- Add vegetable broth, roasted pumpkin and squash.
- Simmer for at least 20 minutes.
- Taste and adjust with salt, pepper or red curry paste.
- Add coconut milk and simmer.
- Blend either with stand blender or immersion blender.
SHOP PG ORGANIX PRODUCTS
We would love to meet you in person and help you with all your CBD needs!
Come find us and shop all things PG Organix from cbd drops, gummies, sleep gummies, topicals to pet treats and health and wellness supplements. This is such a great opportunity to meet us in person, shop our products, ask questions, get recommendations, hang out and just enjoy all the local vendors.
To shop our products ahead of time, click here.