It’s Time to Get Steppin’
Did you know that walking can literally save your life?
If you are under 60 years old, walking 8,000-10,000 steps per day cuts the risk of dying early in half.
If you are over 60 years old, walking 6,000-8,000 steps per day cuts the risk of dying early in half.
Just 30 Minutes a Day
Just walking for 30-60 mins a day can result in various health benefits such as:
- increase cardiovascular fitness
- strengthen bones
- reduce excess body fat
- boost muscle power and endurance.
- reduce risk of heart disease, type 2 diabetes, osteoporosis and some cancers.
Overall Health Benefits of Walking
You carry your own body weight when you walk, which is known as weight-bearing exercise. Some of the benefits include:
- increased cardiovascular and pulmonary (heart and lung) fitness
- reduced risk of heart disease and stroke
- improved management of conditions such as hypertension (high blood pressure), high cholesterol, joint and muscular pain or stiffness, and diabetes
- stronger bones and improved balance
- increased muscle strength and endurance
How to Add Walking Into Daily Routine
Some suggestions to build walking into your daily routine include:
- Take the stairs instead of the elevator
- Get off public transport one stop earlier and walk to work or home.
- Walk (don’t drive) to the local shops, or park at the end of parking lot
- Walk the Dog
The Next Step
Our bodies tend to get used to physical activity, so continue to increase your intensity as you improve your fitness levels. You can increase the intensity of your walks by:
- walking up hills
- walking with hand weights
- increasing your walking speed gradually by including some quick walking
- increasing the distance you walk quickly before returning to a moderate walking pace
- walking for longer periods of time
Track Your Steps
A pedometer measures the number of steps you take.
These days, FitBits and Apple watches ( and many more) also track your steps and exercises.
Make Walking Fun
- If you want to stick close to home and limit your walking to neighbourhood streets, pick different routes so you don’t get tired of seeing the same sights.
- If you feel unsafe walking alone, find one or more friends or family members to walk with.
- Walk at various times of the day. The sights to see first thing in the morning are bound to differ from those of the afternoon or early evening.
- Drive to other reserves, park the car and enjoy the views while walking.
- Explore what’s happening around you; notice the sky, the people, the sounds.
SHOP PG ORGANIX PRODUCTS
We would love to meet you in person and help you with all your CBD needs!
Come find us and shop all things PG Organix from cbd drops, gummies, sleep gummies, topicals to pet treats and health and wellness supplements. This is such a great opportunity to meet us in person, shop our products, ask questions, get recommendations, hang out and just enjoy all the local vendors.
To shop our products ahead of time, click here.