Happy St. Patrick’s Day! What better way to celebreate the luck of the Irish than by cooking and baking with CBD.
We all know the main course of a St. Patrick’s Day feast is corned beef and cabbage. So, lets add a little CBD to that famous dish to make the meal even more festive. The inspiration of this recipe comes from Good Housekeeping. Healthy Hemp oil then included CBD oil to the ingredients (Healthy Hemp Oil).
Corned Beef and Cabbage with CBD
- One 3 lb piece of corned beef
- One 12-oz bottle of pale ale
- 1 small head of green cabbage, cut into 8 wedges
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 dried bay leaves
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- Salt and pepper to season
- 30 drops of Natural-flavor CBD Oil Drops
- Chopped parsley, for serving
- Place the corned beef in a large, deep pot. Add the pale ale, chopped onion, garlic and bay leaves. Pour in 1 and a half cups of water and bring to the boil, before reducing the heat and simmering (covered) for around 2 and a half to 3 hours. The meat should be tender and easily pierced with a fork.
- Around 30 minutes before the corned beef is finished cooking, preheat your oven to 425°F.
- Next, heat a large cast-iron skillet on a medium-to-high heat. Season the cabbage wedges with a pinch of salt and pepper, add 1 tablespoon of olive oil to the pan, and cook 4 wedges until golden brown (around 3 minutes per side). Repeat for the next 4, then transfer all 8 cooked wedges to a baking sheet.
- Place the corned beef on a foil-lined baking sheet, and transfer the beef and cabbage to the oven. Roast until the beef has browned and the cabbage is tender (around 12 to 15 minutes).
- Once ready, thinly slice the beef, and drizzle the cabbage wedges with the CBD oil. Sprinkle with parsley and serve.
Sounds pretty delicious. Chef’s kiss! Now, lets add some CBD brownies for dessert.
“Luck o’ the Irish” CBD Chocolate Brownie
This decadent Irish brownie mix has been adapted from a recipe by Cher on Allrecipes.com. Chocolate, mint and CBD? Count us in.
For the Irish brownie batter
- Four 1 ounce squares of unsweetened chocolate
- 1 cup of margarine, softened
- 1 cup of all-purpose flour
- 3 large eggs, beaten
- 2 cups of white sugar
- 2 and a 1/2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
For the peppermint layer
- 1/2 cup of butter, softened
- 4 cups of confectioners’ sugar
- 2 tablespoons of milk (or as needed)
- 1 and a 1/2 teaspoons of peppermint extract
- 6 drops of green food coloring
For the dark chocolate topping
- 1 cup of Tasty Hemp Oil: Tasty Cocoas Dark Chocolate chopped into small chunks
- 6 tablespoons of butter
- 1 tablespoon of vanilla extract
- Preheat your oven to 320°F (160°C). Next, grease a 9×13 inch baking dish and set aside.
- Melt the unsweetened chocolate squares in a small pan over low-to-medium heat, stirring gently until the chocolate is smooth. Allow it to cool slightly before transferring to a large mixing bowl. Stir in the softened margarine and white sugar and mix until smooth.
- Add the eggs and vanilla extract, then stir in the flour until blended.
- Pour the brownie batter into your greased baking dish and spread evenly with a spatula.
- Transfer the dish to the oven. Bake for around 25 minutes, or until the surface takes on a papery crust and the sides begin to pull away from the sides of the pan. Remove from the oven and set the dish over a wire rack to cool.
- Now for the peppermint layer: Using an electric mixer, beat the 1/2 cup of butter with the confectioners’ sugar in a large bowl. Slowly add the milk as required to help you achieve a thick, spreadable mixture.
- Next, stir in the peppermint extract and green food coloring. Evenly spread over the cooled brownies and refrigerate for around 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, gently heat the CBD chocolate with the butter over low heat to make the top layer. Stir with a wooden spoon until smooth, remove from heat and mix in the vanilla extract.
- Finally, pour the chocolate over the chilled green layer and spread evenly to cover the entire surface. Chill until firm and then cut into squares and serve.
If you are in need of CBD oil, please click here to order and add our PG Organix CBD oils to your dishes instead.
All that is left to complete the celebration is to throw on some green clothing, pour a Guiness beer and stay away from those silly leprechauns.
Have fun! Be safe.