Try Our New Fermented Mushroom Blend
Did you know that mushrooms are easy to ferment? By doing so, it will increase their already powerful health properties.
The process is also a simple way to preserve them and extend their culinary use(s).
If you have not already done so, make sure to check out our previous Blog Posts on the various types of Mushrooms to learn more.
How Does Fermentation Work?
If you are new to fermentation ( that’s ok ) here is a quick summary of how it works:
- Lacto fermentation relies on the fast growth of Lactobacillus bacteria which will create acids (like vinegar) decreasing the pH.
- These lactic acid bacteria are often referred to as LAB. The increase of acidity kills harmful bacteria and is what gives the ferment its zesty & sour taste plus a long shelf life.
- The fermentation process takes place in an air-free (anaerobic) environment, which is usually achieved by performing it underwater. This water comes from the liquid drawn out of the mushroom (or plant) by salting it.
- The saline solution also inhibits the growth of other undesired organisms (like moulds, yeasts and some harmful bacteria).
What are Lactobacillus Bacteria?
Lactobacillus bacteria is considered a beneficial or healthy bacteria which is also an essential part of our bodies. It is also used to make yoghurt and cheese. They are present in our gut, where they also naturally ferment food to release nutrients that our body would otherwise not be able to digest. They also form the basis of healthy gut flora.
Why is Fermented Food Good For Our Bodies?
Eating fermented food provides 2 healthy outcomes:
1) It is a way for us to populate our bodies with important bacteria (pro-biotic) to maintain a healthy body.
2) It also introduces a food that can not be digested in the upper parts of the digestive tract, so acts as food for the healthy bacteria already living deeper in our gut.
Benefits of Fermented Mushrooms
Firstly, it’s very easy to ferment mushrooms. In addition, the process increases many of the inherent nutritional and health benefits of the mushrooms.
- It causes a significant increase in protein content.
- A decrease in carbohydrates and fat.
- It will increase the quantity of several important minerals including calcium, magnesium, potassium, manganese, iron, and sodium (to reduce sodium use calcium chloride CaCl instead of plain cooking salt (aka sodium chloride or NaCl).
- Maintains many of the health attributes found in raw mushrooms
- Releases several beneficial components found in the mushroom that would not otherwise be digested.
- It’s a superior source of both pre and probiotic material for your body.
Uses of Mushroom Blend
Mushroom extract supplements may potentially treat health conditions including:
- Seasonal allergies
- The common cold
7 Health Benefits of Mushrooms
- Decrease the risk of cancer
- Lower sodium intake
- Promote lower cholesterol
- Protect brain health
- Provide a source of vitamin D
- Stimulate a healthier gut
- Support a healthy immune system
Currently On Our Menu
Fermented Mushroom Blend $ 44.99
Our Fermented Mushroom Blend features mushrooms that have been micro-cultured through a unique probiotic fermentation process, aiding in digestion and allowing the beneficial immune support compounds, such as polysaccharides, to be easily digested and immediately absorbed in their most bioavailable form and at their peak activity.
Ingredients: Vitamin C, Organic Prebiotic Fiber Blend (Organic Inulin, Organic Green Tea Extract, Organic Fermented Ginger Root), Organic Immune Blend (Mushroom Mycelial Biomass Blend,[Cordyceps (Cordyceps militaris), Reishi (Ganoderma lucidum), Himematsutake (Royal Sun Agaricus) (Agaricus blazei), Shiitake (Lentinula edodes), Maitake (Grifola frondosa), Turkey Tails (Trametes versicolor)], Acerola Cherry Extract, Total Beta Flucan (from Organic Immune Blend), Organic Cassava Maltodextrin
Manufacturer Country: USA
Amount: 0.46lb (210g)
Gross Weight: 0.6lb (272g)
Suggested Use: Take one scoop daily mixed into food or drinks or as directed by a health professional.
Caution: Use only if seal is intact, Consult your health care practitioner if you are pregnant or nursing, taking medications or have a medical conditions, before taking this or any other product. Store in a cool, dry place. Keep out of reach of children.
Warning: This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
Possible Side Effects
Just like with all health supplements, there is the possible for side effects.
Some people may experience digestive issues such as bloating, gas, or mild stomach discomfort when taking mushroom supplements.
This can be attributed to the high fiber content present in certain mushrooms–though it may not happen as often with extract products where much of the fiber is stripped away.
SHOP PG ORGANIX PRODUCTS
We would love to meet you in person and help you with all your CBD needs!
Come find us and shop all things PG Organix from cbd drops, gummies, sleep gummies, topicals to pet treats and health and wellness supplements. This is such a great opportunity to meet us in person, shop our products, ask questions, get recommendations, hang out and just enjoy all the local vendors.
To shop our products ahead of time, click here.