Using CBD For That Time of Month
Ladies, this one is for you, for us.
We all know that “dreaded” time of the month. The cramps set in, kinda moody or maybe really moody, emotional, just wanting to lay on the couch and eat all the snacks. You know what I’m talking about. It happens for about 2-7 days and then it comes back every 21-35 days.
Maybe you find yourself reaching for Tylenol, Advil, Midol, Pamprin and nothing really seems to really work. Add in a heating pad and maybe there is some relief but only temporary.
Our periods don’t have to be so bad.
What if I told you there may be other options to help you/us feel better?
CBD FOR MENSTRUAL PAIN
CBD products may reduce inflammation and help with other symptoms of menstrual pain. Menstrual pain is also called period pain or dysmenorrhea.
Symptoms of menstrual pain may consist of
- lower abdominal pain, back pain, vomitting, diarrhea, constipation, bloating and nausea. Women may also suffer from headaches, tiredness and irritabilty.
Menstrual cramps are typically common, with approximately 75% of women experiencing cramps during their periods. Premenstrual syndrome (PMS) is the name of a group of symptoms that may start a week or two before a person gets their period.
RESEARCH BEHIND IT
A 2019 review of studies into CBD as a treatment for PMS showed that cannabis may be helpful with chronic and acute pain relief, and cannabis and CBD may provide relief for similar symptoms.
Additionally, a 2020 research review concluded that it is not possible to definitively state that CBD is solely responsible for reducing pain symptoms, as many products used in studies on this subject contain delta-9-tetrahydrocannabinol (THC). While there are limited data focusing specifically on using CBD for menstrual cramps, CBD’s anti-inflammatory and pain-relieving properties may help provide relief, according to a 2015 animal study with rats (Medical News Today).
SWITCH TO NON-TOXIC
Have you ever stopped to think why your period causes some of these symptoms? Heaviness? It’s technically not suppose to be like that all the time.
I’m not a doctor, but from personal experience and my own research ( always do your own), it’s highly likely the products you are using may be adding to your troubles during your cycle.
I’m talking the ones full of toxins.
Many big name companies are known for their product containing undesirable chemicals while also having an environmental impact.
Toxic ingredients found in tampons & pads:
- Low density, highly absorbent, open-celled foam
- Hydrogel (sodium polyacrylate or polyacrylate absorbents)
- Chlorine-bleached Rayon, made from wood pulp (of which dioxin is the by-product)
- Genetically modified cotton
The healthier non-toxic options for our bodies:
- organic, unbleached or naturally bleached, 100 percent cotton products that do not contain traces of pesticides, herbicides, or other undesirable chemicals such as dioxins.
To reduce your risk of TSS from tampons, consider:
- Switching tampons for a menstrual cup or pads
- Choosing all-cotton, organic regular tampons
- Using only the minimal absorbency you need
- Changing tampons every 4-8 hours at least
- Not using tampons overnight
SHOP PG ORGANIX PRODUCTS
We would love to meet you and help you with all your health and wellness and CBD needs! Come check us out at the Livermore Farmer’s Market on Thursday’s and Sunday’s.
Come find us and shop all things PG Organix from cbd drops, gummies, sleep gummies, topicals to pet treats. This is such a great opportunity to meet us in person, shop our products, ask questions, get recommendations, hang out and enjoy all the local vendors.
To shop our products ahead of time, click here.